- superb multi-layer mirrros with extremely high brilliance and low divergence
- 15 cm mirror length
- vacuum pump for mirror protection
- best combined with easymount extension
- fully automatic beam search
- fully automatic beam optimization
- continuous beam monitoring with ionization chambers
- support for large variety of detectors
- 2 sets of motorized slits
- 2 ionization chambers for continuous X-ray readings
- experimental rotary shutter at end of collimator
- Oxford Cryosystems colling device (or others)
Excillum Metaljet D2+
- Ga-rich alloy with 1.34 Ang. wavelength or In-rich alloy with 0.5 Ang. wavelength
- 250 Watt
- Spot size of 20 x 80 microns
Manual motor control unit
- push buttons for most important goniometer functions
- LCDs with readings of ionization chambers
- buttons for easymount operation
- centering of sample
- support for many detector types: EIGER2, PILATUS3, mar345, Rayonix SX-165, MX-225, etc.
- ideal combination: EIGER2 R 4M or PILATUS3 R 1M
Controllers for cryogenic devices
- controller for Oxford 700/800/1000 series
- marLiN2 liquid nitrogen refill controller
Metaljet safety controller
- controller for shutters, radiation enclosure and HV generator
- API for external control via TCP/IP or REST API
- mobile app for control
- sophisticated safety features
The liquid metal technology brought to science by Excillum is a major breakthrough in microfocus X-ray generator technologies. The liquid metal jet produces a smaller and more brilliant X-ray beam than any other conventional X-ray source. Other than rotating anodes, the MetalJet generator does not require a huge cooling system to keep the anode from melting - the anode already is molten. Only small amounts of liquid metal dissipate the heat generated by the electron gun hitting the molten metal jet very efficiently. Most typically, an alloy consisting of gallium and indium produces X-rays with 9.2 keV energy (1.35 Ang. wavelength), but alloys for higher energies are available as well. For protein crystallography as well as other X-ray fields, the Excillum's MetalJet D2+ 70kV is the dream machine when combined with a DECTRIS hybrid photon counting detector like the EIGER2 R 4M or the PILATUS3 R 1M and the mardtb goniostat. This truely is the ultimate data collection system with no equivalent in the market!
Excillum D2+ 70kV MetalJet microfocus X-ray generator operating at 250 Watts (70 kV, 3.5 mA) and with 2 usable ports, typically producing a spot with a size of approx. 20 by 20 µm or smaller at the source. The generator does not require special water and electrical installations. Other models of the MetalJet generator are available, e.g. an entry level version using the same liquid metal technology but a simpler elecron focussing device and hence smaller X-ray flux.
State-of-the-art AXO multi-layer optic producing a spot size at the sample of < 150 by 150 µm FWHM. Other configurations, e.g. for a parallel beam are available on request.
mardtb “desktop beamline” multi-purpose goniometer system, optionally with the “easymount” extension or the brand-new marxps crystallization plate scanner addition.
Optional Oxford Cryosystems “Cryostream 1000” low temperature unit.
|LN2 refill system:
Optional marLiN2 automatic LN2 refill system
|Table top and enclosure:
A functional and stable table with plenty of space for all electronics and attachments. Optional table top radiation enclosure.
Apps for iOS and Android to operate safety control system, i.e. open/close shutters and turn on/off of X-rays.
Even very small samples will receive enough X-ray photons - as on a synchrotron!
DUAL PORT SUPPORT
NO ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS
NO WATER INSTALLATIONS
LOW POWER CONSUMPTION
The generator delivers a very small beam with such a high brilliance that even very small crystals sized < 50 µm will see enough X-ray photons. This is achieved by a highly optimized combination of source and optics parameters. Please read the application notes for further details!
It becomes your dream machine when combined with a DECTRIS hybrid photon counting detector like the EIGER2 R 4M or the PILATUS3 R 1M and the mardtb goniostat. This truely is the ultimate data collection system with no equivalent in the market!
|Target material:||Ga or In rich alloy|
|Voltage:||25 - 70 kV|
|Beam size at sample:||≤ 100 x 100 μm|
|Peak flux density at focal spot:||> 3.5 x 1011 photons/sec/mm2|
|Focal distance:||approx. 520 mm from source|
|Anode cooling:||air/water heat exchanger|
|Mirror protection:||diaphragm vacuum pump with interlock to shutter|
|Active area:||155.1 x 162.2 mm (2 x 4 modules)|
|Pixel size:||75 μm|
|Frame rate:||20 Hz (laboratory version)|
|Dynamic range:||32 bits|
|Active area:||155.2 x 162.5 mm (2 x 5 modules)|
|Pixel size:||172 μm|
|Frame rate:||5 Hz (laboratory version)|
|Dynamic range:||20 bits|
|Detector surface diameter:||345 mm|
|Pixel size:||150 μm standard or fast read-out, 100 μm upon request|
|Cycle times:||27-80 sec (depending on diameter and read-out mode)|
|Dynamic range:||17 bits (1-131000)|
|Sensitivity:||1.5 X-ray photons equivalent|
|LN2 auto-refill system:||marLiN2 weight based level control|
|Dimensions:||1700 x 1000 x 800 mm (w:d:h), stainless steel|
|Material:||magnetic table top and aluminum table frame|
- Product brochure (pdf: 2.0 MB)
- Application note mar.AN29May18 (pdf: 1.0 MB)
"Atomic resolution data collection with the PILATUS3 R 1M detector on a metaljet X-ray source"
- Manual for MetalJet safety control system (pdf)
- Drawing of table, generator, enclosure, goniometer and detector (pdf: 109 kB)
- Windows program to control Metaljet Safety Controller (complete installer, 22 MB)